Covered California announced that they are opening the health insurance exchange to any eligible uninsured individuals who need health care coverage amid the COVID-19 national emergency. Anyone who meets Covered California's eligibility requirements can sign up for coverage through June 30, 2020.
Important points to note:
- Effective immediately, any uninsured Californian eligible to enroll in health care coverage through Covered California can sign up through June 30, 2020.
- Financial assistance is only available through Covered California for eligible consumers. Starting this year, more financial help is available through new state subsidies available for qualified low- and middle-income consumers.
- Coverage through Covered California becomes effective the first of the following month after the consumer signs up. This means that many individuals losing job-based health insurance could avoid facing a gap in coverage.
- Special enrollment has been expanded to encompass the entire Individual market - including all off-exchange health insurance plans. This means that consumers can enroll through either Covered California, or directly with health insurance carriers in the off-exchange market through June 30, 2020.
- All medically-necessary screening and testing for COVID-19 are free of charge, and all health plans available through Covered California offer telehealth options.
- Consumers interested in learning more about their coverage options can apply online or reach out to our team of Independent Health Agents at (312) 726-6565 to help with enrollment, free of charge.
Please sign in to leave a comment.