Over the course of the pandemic, Cigna has taken bold actions to remove uncertainty and make health care easier offering peace of mind to all of those we serve. As COVID-19 vaccine availability increases, we are moving to normalize benefits to further our mission of affordable, predictable, and simple health care for all of our customers and plan sponsors.
Cigna's customer cost-share waiver program for COVID-19 treatment is set to conclude on Feb. 15, 2021. Our customers will continue to have $0 cost sharing for all FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines and diagnostic COVID-19 testing and related screening office or virtual visit, as required by the CARES Act.
It’s important to underscore our ongoing commitment to help ensure our customers have access to COVID-19-related services, support, and treatment, including:
- Partnering with you to safely move your workforce forward through our Cigna Healthy Ways to WorkSM programs
- Helping our customers navigate in-network treatment options, accessing mental health services and medical care – in-person and virtually, and providing the most current vaccine resources
- Vigorously defending our customers against egregious billing practices through our Customer Protection Program
Continue to Encourage Prevention
Even after vaccination, it’s important to continue encouraging your workforce to follow CDC guidelines to help prevent exposure to COVID-19. This includes:
- Cover mouth and nose with a mask when around others,
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick,
- Practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet, and
- Wash hands often.
These practices have definitively shown to decrease the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses like the flu.
As we have done throughout this pandemic, we will continue to evaluate the course of the disease and make adjustments to our policy decisions when appropriate. Thank you for your trust. Together, we will overcome this pandemic.