How can I contribute to my HSA if my new employer only offers a FSA?


1 comment

  • Avatar
    Ryan Kennelly

    As long as your employer offers either a limited-purpose or post-deductible FSA, you can keep your HSA with no issues! Remember, FSA funds disappear after the plan's year is over with a few exceptions, so make sure you'll definitely use that money before making any contributions.

    If your employer offers an HSA compatible plan, you can ask your employer to make HSA contributions to your existing HSA pre-tax. You can also contribute to your HSA from your personal bank account manually but this will cause more work when filing taxes. 

    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.