Yes! You can assign different waiting periods to different groups in your company. The only caveat is that you need to make sure each group is treated in the same way and officially established as a non-discriminatory class of employees in your benefits plan. For example, if you have a different waiting period for hourly workers, that would fit the bill.
Articles in this section
- As a Husband and Wife Employer with no employees, are we eligible for a small business health plan?
- As an employer, do I have to offer my employee dependents coverage as well?
- Can I have different waiting periods for different groups of employees?
- Can S-corporation owners deduct health insurance expenses?
- Does The ACA Employer Mandate Apply To Me?
- Does the Open Enrollment Period apply to employer coverage?
- Employer Health Insurance Glossary
- Employer Health Insurance Guide: What Questions Will My Team Ask Me About Our Health Plans?
- How Do Employer Health Insurance Contributions Work?
- If I'm Self-Employed, Do I Qualify For Employer Group Health Insurance?