Short term health insurance is becoming a popular ACA alternative. With plans offering up to 364 days of ongoing coverage and no enrollment deadline, it’s no wonder people want it.
Plans have significantly lower premiums than major medical, but that’s mostly because they are medically underwritten and don’t have to cover essential health benefits like mental healthcare, pregnancy and preventive care.
Short term health insurance is meant to protect you from the unexpected. You can enroll today and have a policy in your name tomorrow.
Short Term Plans are a great fit for:
- Uninsured and don't have a qualifying life event
- Waiting for Medicaid approval from the marketplace
- Find ACA plans to be unaffordable
- Looking for a low-cost alternative to COBRA
- Seeking a catastrophic insurance option
- Ineligible for major medical coverage
- In-between jobs
- Waiting for group benefits to kick in
- Not quite eligible for Medicare (almost 65)
- Kicked off parent’s policy (recently turned 26)