It's sent to you in the mail by early February. Forms may be available in your Marketplace account a little sooner.
Form 1095-A includes:
- Information about everyone in your household who enrolled in a Marketplace plan for 2015.
- Information about the monthly premiums you paid to your health plan. Information about a “benchmark premium” used to compute your premium tax credit.
- The amount of any advance payments of the premium tax credit paid to your health plan.
You may get more than one Form 1095-A, like if your household enrolled in more than one Marketplace health plan or if you reported a life change during the year.
You’ll need information from each form when you’re ready to file this year’s taxes for your household. Using Form 1095-A, you can:
- Complete questions about your Marketplace health coverage on your federal tax return.
- Confirm the amount of premium tax credit that you’re eligible for, based on your actual income for the year.