It is a time period, outside of the Annual Election Period, when a Medicare beneficiary can select a new or different Medicare Advantage and/or Part D prescription drug plan. Typically the Special Election Period is beneficiary specific and results from events, such as when the beneficiary moves outside of the plan's service area (ie moving form one state to another).
Articles in this section
- What is Medicare Select G from BCBS of Illinois?
- Under BCBSIL Plan G Plus is dental a PPO Plan?
- Does Medicare Cover Dental?
- My entire family is enrolled in a Marketplace plan. But I'll become eligible for Medicare soon. Can my spouse and teenage children stay on the plan after I disenroll?
- Do I have to enroll in Medicare if I already have a Marketplace plan?
- Diabetes and Medicare Part 1
- Diabetic Coverage and Medicare Part 2
- Can I Travel outside of the US and get coverage through my Medicare Plan?
- What if I need help paying my Medicare health care costs?
- I’m unhappy with my Medicare Advantage Plan. Can I change it?