Even though you are receiving employer-sponsored coverage, you may purchase a QHP through a Marketplace as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. However, you need to keep in mind that, if you decide to go that route, you will not be eligible for financial help, such as APTC and CSRs, to help pay for coverage through a Marketplace, so this option may not be in your best financial interest.
Articles in this section
- Is There An Alternative to Obamacare? (2020)
- Dates & Deadlines for 2020 Health Insurance
- What Is The Penalty For Not Having Health Insurance?
- What’s the Deadline for Open Enrollment? Can I Enroll Outside the Enrollment Period?
- Marketplace: New Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities During COVID-19 Emergency
- What will happen if Obama Care is struck down?
- I Heard There Are New Rules About Metal Tiers and Switching Plans. What Do I Do?
- How Do I Update My Income For a Subsidy on Healthcare.gov?
- I have coverage right now and I want to keep my plan. Do I still have to re-apply on Healthcare.gov for 2020?
- Upcoming 2020 Open Enrollment Changes