Even though you are receiving employer-sponsored coverage, you may purchase a QHP through a Marketplace as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. However, you need to keep in mind that, if you decide to go that route, you will not be eligible for financial help, such as APTC and CSRs, to help pay for coverage through a Marketplace, so this option may not be in your best financial interest.
Articles in this section
- Is There An Alternative to Obamacare? (2023)
- Dates & Deadlines for 2024 Health Insurance
- What Is The Penalty For Not Having Health Insurance?
- What’s the 2023 Deadline for Open Enrollment? Can I Enroll Outside the Enrollment Period?
- Are immigrants eligible for marketplace health plans?
- Medical Programs in Illinois
- Enroll by May 15 for 2021 Health Insurance - 2021 Special Enrollment Period
- My Family Has a "Mixed Status". Can We Still Apply for Health Insurance?
- I'm an Immigrant. What Information Do I Need to Get Marketplace Health Insurance?
- I'm a Legal Immigrant. Can I get Health Insurance?