Even though you are receiving employer-sponsored coverage, you may purchase a QHP through a Marketplace as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. However, you need to keep in mind that, if you decide to go that route, you will not be eligible for financial help, such as APTC and CSRs, to help pay for coverage through a Marketplace, so this option may not be in your best financial interest.
Articles in this section
- Is There An Alternative to Obamacare? (2018)
- Dates & Deadlines for 2019 Health Insurance
- What Is The Penalty For Not Having Health Insurance?
- What’s the Deadline for Open Enrollment? Can I Enroll Outside the Enrollment Period?
- Upcoming 2019 Open Enrollment Changes
- What's an ACA Navigator?
- How Do I Report Income Changes to Healthcare.gov?
- How do I submit documents to healthcare.gov?
- What Does Trump’s Executive Order on Obamacare Mean?
- Who qualifies for a hardship exemption?