HSA funds can pay for any “qualified medical expense”, even if the expense is not covered by your HDHP. For example, most health insurance does not cover the cost of over-the-counter medicines, but HSAs can. If the money from the HSA is used for qualified medical expenses, then the money spent is tax-free.
Articles in this section
- Does an HSA Pay For the Same Things That Regular Insurance Pays For?
- Can I pay for health insurance premiums tax-free from my HSA?
- Can I use my HSA to pay for medical expenses in Mexico?
- Can my HSA be Used for Dependents Not Covered by my Health Insurance Plan?
- Can I Pay My Health Insurance Premiums with an HSA?
- What are Qualified Medical Expenses I Can Pay for With My HSA Account?
- Can I Pay for Dental and Vision Expenses With My HSA Account?
- Can I Purchase Long-Term Care Insurance with my HSA Account?
- Can I Get an HSA If I Have Other Insurance That Pays Medical Bills?