You are only allowed to have auto, dental, vision, disability and long-term care insurance at the same time as an HDHP. You may also have coverage for a specific disease or illness as long as it pays a specific dollar amount when the policy is triggered. Wellness programs offered by your employer are also permitted if they do not pay significant medical benefits.
Articles in this section
- HSA Eligible Expenses
- HSA, HRA, HEALTHCARE FSA AND DEPENDENT CARE ELIGIBILITY LIST
- Is Coronavirus Testing Covered by HSA plans?
- Can I use my HSA account for Veterinary Expenses?
- Can I roll money from my HSA into my ROTH account?
- Does an HSA Pay For the Same Things That Regular Insurance Pays For?
- Can I pay for health insurance premiums tax-free from my HSA?
- Can I use my HSA to pay for medical expenses in Mexico?
- Can my HSA be Used for Dependents Not Covered by my Health Insurance Plan?
- Can I Pay My Health Insurance Premiums with an HSA?