We advise clients to file for their Medicare benefits 90 days before turning 65.
Most Social Security offices are closed due to Covid-19 however you can contact your local Social Security office via telephone or by contacting Medicare directly at 800-772-1213.
Once you apply for your Medicare benefits you’ll pay a monthly charge for Part B which is based on your income. In most cases your plan will start the 1st day of the month you turn 65.
You’ll receive a Medicare card in the mail with your Medicare number and Part A and B dates which could take several weeks due to Covid-19.
Original Medicare Parts A and B provides basic coverage, it only pays 80% of the costs it approves for hospitals, doctors, and medical procedures. The other 20% of the bill is responsible for the consumer.
To cover the 20% Medicare doesn’t cover most consumers either picks a Medicare Advantage plan or Medicare Supplement plan.
There are many Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans in each state to choose one.
The most commons questions are:
What’s the best plan? Does this plan cover my drugs and doctors? How much will this cost me?
Every situation is different based on clients needs.
It’s best to work with a broker who can offer hands on approach and make it easy for you to pick a plan.
If you have questions or need help with your Medicare options going forward.
Feel free to book a call below.
Nationwide Broker for Health, Life, Medicare, & Retirement